Arnold H. Pedowitz
Arnold H. Pedowitz is a Partner with Pedowitz & Meister LLP in New York where he practices plaintiff-side employment law. Mr. Pedowitz is a member of the American Bar Association and has been chosen as a Super Lawyer for 9 years. He earned his J.D. from Boston University and his LL.M. from New York University. Mr. Pedowitz currently serves as an Adjunct Professor at Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law.
He represents Investment Bankers, Senior Executives, Licensed Professionals, Other Working Persons and Progressive Employers in Employment Matters.
Employment Discrimination; Executive Compensation; Non-compete Agreements; Severance Agreements; Sexual Harassment; Disability Discrimination; Age Discrimination; Arbitration; Mediation; Wrongful Termination; Real Estate; Wills; Trusts; Probate; Commercial Litigation; General Practice
Admitted: Massachusetts; Washington; New York and New Jersey
Education : Boston University, J.D; New York University, L.L.M.; University of Wisconsin-Madison, BA in History
- American Bar Association (Council Member, Section of Labor and Employment Law; Liaison to ALI Restatement of Employment Law, Labor and Employment Law Section; Past Co-Chair, Committee on Employment Rights and Responsibilities; Co-Chair, Subcommittee on Covenants Not to Compete, Trade Secrets, Loyalty, Conflicts of Interests)
- National Employment Lawyers Association (Former Board Member)
- National Employment Lawyers Association, New York (Treasurer, Former Vice-President and Board Member)
- National CLE Conference Labor & Employment Law (Co-Chair)
- Associate Editor:
- "Covenants Not To Compete, A State by State Survey;"
- "Trade Secrets, A State by State Survey;"
- "Employee Duty of Loyalty, A State by State Survey;"
- "Tortious Interference in the Employment Context, A State-By-State Survey."
Adjunct Professor, Pretrial Practice and Ethics Teaching Fellow, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University.
Fellow: The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers; The American Bar Foundation.
- Super Lawyer, 2006 - Present
- Fellow, The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Fellow, The American Bar Foundation
- Advisory Board, Restatement Of Employment, Law by designation of the American Bar Association, Section of Labor and Employment Law
- Recipient, 2013 Jeremy G. Epstein Awards for Outstanding Pro Bono Service, City Bar Justice Center
- The Criminal Conviction Conundrum: Fresh Start or Liability Nightmare? (CLE Conference, 2017)
- Employee Mobility andthe Impact on Company Confidential Information (Annual Labor and Employment Law Conference, 2014)
- Workplace Defamation Claims (Annual Labor and Employment Law Conference, 2012)
- Trade Secrets, Noncompetes and Unfair Business Practice Claims: Latest Developments (Georgetown CLE:INSTITUTE 2007)